Site Network: Adventures In The Kitchen | Compost Bin | Home Mixology | Cavemen That Cook | Feeling Great At 38 | Ready For Retirement |


While most people are trying to cut back on their carbohydrate intake, I still like to eat pasta a few times a week. I consider it carbo loading for all those hours that I’m sitting in front of the computer. Of course pasta is great with tomato sauce but pasta with olive oil is just as tasty. And what better way to eat pasta “aioli” than with sausage, broccoli rabe and sun dried tomatoes.


Broccoli Rabe is a common vegetable in Italian cooking. It can also be referred to as Broccoli Raab, Rapini or Cime di Rapa. It’s a leafy green with pointy leaves and small buds that look like tiny heads of broccoli. Some say that Broccoli Rabe’s bitter, nutty almost mustard like flavor is an acquired taste and I’d have to agree with them. I didn’t start liking it until I was an adult.


I grow Broccoli Rabe in my vegetable garden as a cool season crop. Be sure to check out my gardening blog for more information about growing Broccoli Rabe.


Cavatelli served with Broccoli Rabe, Sausage and Sun Dried Tomatoes is a great way to carbo load and it tastes good too.

2 comments:

At 8:13 PM Greengirl said...

This looks beautiful! I planted Broccoli Raab for the first time this year. Wow, is it tasty! I was just eating it in salads. I can't wait to try your recipe.

 
At 12:20 PM Anthony said...

Greengirl, you definitely have to try it with garlic and oil. Give it a quick steam for about a minute and set aside. Then add some olive oil to a pan (I like to use a wok) and add some chopped garlic. Wring the water out of the Broccoli Rabe and add it to the garlic and oil. Saute for a few minutes. Delicious as a side dish like this.

Or you can cook the sausage and ad it to the pan with sun dried tomatoes and cavatelli.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoy the rest of your rabe.

 

Post a Comment