Site Network: Adventures In The Kitchen | Compost Bin | Home Mixology | Cavemen That Cook | Feeling Great At 38 | Ready For Retirement |

The Food Network is running a contest called The Ultimate BBQ Sweepstakes where they give the lucky winner $65,000 to spend on the BBQ of their dreams. All you have to do is go to the Food Network Site and fill out the online entry form. You can enter once a day until June 7, 2007. After that, sit back and start thinking about how you'd spend that $65,000 prize money.

When I win the Ultimate BBQ contest, I'm going to need a great grill to start. So I went to Amazon and did a search for grills. Then I sorted the results by Price - highest to lowest (hey, of course I want the most expensive grill, the contest isn’t call the Ultimate But Moderately Priced BBQ Sweepstakes). The Solaire 56 Inch Infravection Gas Grill On Refrigerated Cart LP is the most expensive grill on Amazon, so I guess it’ll have to do.

Then I’ll get in touch with a stone mason and have him build a flagstone grill island that will encase my new grill. Of course he’ll also have to leave room for a fridge and an outdoor sink.

Lastly, while the mason is throwing around stone in my yard, I’ll have him build a wood burning pizza oven next to my grill island. Not one of those new fangled pizza oven inserts that they surround with stone, but a real old style pizza oven made from fire bricks. Real expert craftsmanship will be required.

Hey, somehow I didn't win the HGTV Dream Home, so that means I'm probably a shoe-in to win the Ultimate BBQ Sweepstakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment